Current Sales Report

Total Sales of all my Books: 211 Goal: 100000|Thank you for buying my books. If you haven't bought one, go ahead and buy a book to make my day!

Thursday, October 21, 2010

It's been a couple of days...

So...it's been a couple of days (literally) since I began distributing Awake for free. Not much response so far...but it looks like some people are checking it out. Whoever reads it, I hope they enjoy it. I did find Awake to be pretty weird. When I write, I don't really think things through, so lots of stuff just gets all jumbled in my head and I end up writing whatever I can in order to finish it. I never really get the results I want, but it's almost impossible to alter it in my head after I finish it...so not much can be done.

I don't know if it's the same for everybody, but that's how it is with me. So...when I make something, I can never tell if it's any good or if it's really bad. Some people say that people enjoy their own works just because it's something that they created, but that's not true for me.

So...as the author of Judge, Awake, S3, and Faerie Epoch...if I were to rate them myself, it'd be like this:

Judge: 4/5 - This is my own personal favorite work/series. It's basically whatever I want to write and whatever I love to write. But due to the lackluster response...I can't really continue writing the series :(

Awake: 3/5 - This is my least favorite...uh...child. I liked the ideas that went into it, but overall, the beginning kind of dragged...the middle was pretty bizarre...and the ending is really...well, whatever.

Faerie Epoch: 2/5 - This was just for practice to see how I could just use a random idea and build off of it. The result? Eh, I don't know...perhaps a bit of editing and polishing could bring up the score a bit, but in its current state, it's pretty...bare. Plus, I wonder if I'll ever be able to finish it :P

S3: 4/5 - Not my favorite, but I'm moderately pleased with how it turned out.

---------

AH! I got off track again! Anyway, I've decided to wait and see on the results of Awake. If people like Awake and I get a good response to it, maybe I'll put up the Judge too and make it free as well.