Current Sales Report

Total Sales of all my Books: 211 Goal: 100000|Thank you for buying my books. If you haven't bought one, go ahead and buy a book to make my day!

Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Process Part 1

I figured my usual blog posts are pretty much a waste of time, so I thought it'd spice things up if I talked about the writing process that I've gone through. Look! It's got PART 1 in the title! A series! I don't know how many parts there will be, but whatever.

First things first. My quick typical message: For those of you who have downloaded a book or bought one, thank you. (We're up to 4400 downloads/21 sales!) For those of you who haven't, well, I recommend you check out Faerie Epoch or Awake to get a sample of my writing. My writing style is still rough and my ideas can be silly or strange, even so, I hope that someone out there will enjoy my works.

And now...for the main event...

Let's travel back in time, shall we? All the way back...to the 1990's.
I was a young lad then. Naive, stupid, weird, etc. (Not much has changed). Back then I didn't care about writing. Terrible grades in English all through elementary. That may be my most prominent memory: an F on a writing assignment. Really. I still remember holding that piece of paper, dreading to go home. I wasn't the best student in class. And while I didn't care too much for grades, I always wanted to just keep my head above the water. That's what I aimed for. I was an underachiever. I did enough to get by.

By middle school I tried my best(as best as an underachiever could)! And I ended up with a B mostly, sometimes a B+ if I was lucky. The coveted A was never in my grasp. NEVER. To be honest, it wasn't just writing. I never liked to read either.

Now, I know what you're thinking: "WHAAAAAAAT? Why would someone who doesn't like to read or write (and isn't even good at it) become an author?"

And...we're out of time. I'll continue this pointless story about my life later.