Current Sales Report

Total Sales of all my Books: 211 Goal: 100000|Thank you for buying my books. If you haven't bought one, go ahead and buy a book to make my day!

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Process Part 3

Broken News: One more sale of the Judge! It's taking a while, but we're moving on up!
Broke 6000 downloads of Awake on Free-Ebooks! Once again, if you want me to just make random posts, just buy my books! They're on Kindle!

Now...for the main event...

Okay, it's been a while. So, I forgot what I was talking about. And I'm not going to go back to read my posts and continue that. If you REALLY want to know the WHOLE story, you can tell me and I'll think about it. Otherwise, it's just a waste of time.

When I first decided to write the Judge...I knew nothing about reading or writing. I mean, sure, I used to write out reports and stuff for school, but that was it. Writing a story was foreign to me.

I pulled out some old books from when I was a tiny little...thing and began to read. It was a painful process. I kid you not. I had to learn everything from scratch. I'm not going to talk about the little details. Let's just say that it took me about a week of analyzing writing styles to understand the basics of writing: sentence structure, grammar, dialogue etc.
I discovered that most people wrote differently. And that made things even more painful, as I tried to understand why people wrote the way they did.

While I was doing this, however, I finally decided to read Harry Potter. And then came the understanding. I liked the Harry Potter series. If you've read my previous blog posts, you'd understand that I didn't like to read. But upon reading Harry Potter, I finally understood why I didn't like to read: I didn't like the stories! I was extremely picky. In fact, one of the books that turned me off of reading was a series called Chronicles of Narnia. You may like Narnia, and that's perfectly fine. But I like it when books are nice and simple and easy and fun. I never thought that books could be like Harry Potter. It was just...pure entertainment.

After picking up books here and there, I realized that most books are just not interesting to me. That is why...in my mind...I knew I had one thing left to do. I had to write a book that I would enjoy reading....